January 19th, 2018

Four speakers announced for Cade Community Lectures

By Mabell, Dave on January 13, 2018.

–Lethbridge Herald

Four Lethbridge speakers will help listeners find “hope in troubled times.”

Erin Phillips, chaplain with the city’s Ecumenical Campus Ministry, has announced this year’s speakers. The no-charge series, now known as the Cade Community Lectures, is co-sponsored by the Lethbridge Public Library and the president’s office at the University of Lethbridge.

Phillips will launch the series on Jan. 15 with a reflection on the continuing appeal of “Man’s Sense for Meaning,” by Victor Frankl. Open to all interested, sessions will be held at 7:30 p.m. in the downtown library’s Theatre Gallery.

Jane Harrowing, a professor in the health sciences faculty at the U of L, will speak Jan. 29 on “Dancing Under the Net: Circles, Celebrations and Community.”

On Feb. 5, U of L art gallery curator Josephine Mills will explain “Art + People = Activism: Understanding the World Around Us.”

The series will close Feb. 12 with “Stand Up Alchemy: Transforming Personal Grief into Public Laughter.” The presenter will be Mav Adecer, a stand-up comic and editor of the student publication The Meliorist.

The city’s Ecumenical Campus Ministry, serving the university and Lethbridge College, is sponsored by a number of Protestant congregations across the city.

Share this story:
You have 7 free stories left to read this month. Subscribe Now & get unlimited access