By Lethbridge Herald on April 17, 2015.
Charges have been laid in connection with a Thursday-afternoon house fire.
Lethbridge Regional Police Service has charged a 22-year-old Lethbridge resident after a fire broke out in the man’s basement suite. Thursday at about 2 p.m., police responded to a fire in a basement suite of a home in the 700 block of 8th Avenue South. Investigation revealed a man was attempting to produce marijuana resin when the furnace in the home ignited gas fumes and caused a fire.
Nobody was injured in the fire, but damage is estimated at $80,000 to $100,000, according to police.
Matthew Nixon of Lethbridge has been charged with arson by negligence and production of a controlled substance. He was released from custody to appear in Lethbridge Court May 8.
You must be logged in to post a comment.