October 25th, 2020

Case adjourned for man charged in shooting incident


By Kuhl, Nick on January 31, 2020.

Nick Kuhl

Lethbridge Herald

nkuhl@lethbridgeherald.com

A man accused in a shooting incident on the westside last October has had his case adjourned.

Jarret Bruce Healy, 29, made a brief appearance Thursday in provincial court, via closed-circuit TV from the Lethbridge Correctional Centre.

He faces numerous criminal charges, including possession of unauthorized firearm, pointing a firearm, careless use of a firearm and discharging a firearm with intent to endanger life.

Shortly before 8 a.m. Oct. 21 Lethbridge police responded to a report of gunshots in the 400 block Columbia Boulevard West. Police said in a news release the following day they spoke with a 30-year-old man who said he was behind the residence near the alley and was confronted by a man in a white GMC Yukon. The man in the Yukon pointed a firearm at the victim, who fled down the alley. The complainant heard a gunshot and the vehicle sped away.

Police reported they found the vehicle parked in The Bay parking lot and two women and one man were arrested in the area after leaving the vehicle. During a search of the vehicle, which had been stolen, police found a handgun.

Investigators determined a second man had been dropped off at a home on the northside and he was arrested a short time later after he was seen leaving the residence with a bag and getting into a vehicle. When he was arrested and the bag searched, police found a firearm and ammunition which matched a bullet casing that had been recovered at the westside residence.

Shots had also been fired at a home on Dalhousie Court West, police said, and two bullet casings were recovered. Police also believe that after leaving the westside, the Yukon drove to the northside where more shots were fired.

The case was adjourned to Feb. 27.

With files from Delon Shurtz

Follow @NKuhlHerald on Twitter

Share this story:

14

Comments are closed.