October 28th, 2020

Two injured in westside garage fire


By Jensen, Randy on April 2, 2020.

Scorched belongings sit out in front of a home after Lethbridge firefighters responded to a garage fire in the westside Garry Station Tuesday evening. Herald photo by Ian Martens @IMartensHerald

LETHBRIDGE HERALD

Two people were transported to the Chinook Regional Hospital with smoke inhaltion and other injuries resulting from a garage fire Tuesday evening on the westside.

Lethbridge firefighters responded to a residential fire along the 100 block of Pacific Landing West at approximately 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Thirteen firefighters from three stations responded and arrived to find smoke and flames visible from the garage. Crews were able to contain the fire to the garage and it was extinguished within two hours.

Damage to the structure is estimated at approximately $30,000.

“We know the origin was in the garage, and we know it was accidental,” said Lethbridge Chief Fire Marshall Heath Wright. “From just a first look at the file from the fire investigator, it has been reported we believe it was unattended smoking material that started it. But we are still in the prelims of the investigation.”

Fire investigators were on scene Wednesday morning and the investigation into the fire is ongoing.

Share this story:

7

Comments are closed.