October 23rd, 2020

Residential fire causes $15K damage


By Jensen, Randy on April 9, 2020.

LETHBRIDGE

There were no injuries and damage estimated at $15,000 as Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services responded to a residential building fire in the 3600 block of 23 Avenue South at about 6:35 p.m. on Tuesday.

When firefighters arrived there was light smoke showing. The homeowner had discovered the fire and called 911. Firefighters from two stations responded and extinguished the fire.

The fire has been investigated and determined to be accidental. Residents are reminded there is always a potential for fire when any portable electronic device is left plugged in. This fire was the result of an issue with a battery while charging.

Share this story:
<5

Comments are closed.