By Lethbridge Herald on May 19, 2020.
Lethbridge and District Exhibition release:
Lethbridge, AB – As a result of the positive developments in curbing the spread of COVID-19 and in accordance with recent updates concerning Alberta’s stage 1 relaunch, we are pleased to announce that the Farmers’ Market at Exhibition Park will return this Saturday, May 23, 2020.
As we continue to navigate and adjust to the new normal, we are excited to be able to serve our community, while supporting local producers and exhibitors through the 50th anniversary of the Farmers’ Market at Exhibition Park.
We know that many people are concerned about food availability and accessing it in a safe manner. As such, we are making every effort to be adaptive and responsive during this time. As always, our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests, exhibitors and employees are safe. We continue to work closely with our local contacts at Alberta Health Services, the Alberta Farmers Market Association, Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Response and are committed to remaining up to date on any COVID 19 announcements from the Government of Alberta as they relate to any aspect of the delivery of the Farmers’ Market.
For guests, the Market now embraces a new look and feel while adhering to the latest pandemic rules and regulations. The Market is once again opening in the North Pavilion and will also expand to the Main Pavilion, featuring separate entrance and exits points as well larger aisles and handwashing stations. All guests are asked to continue to follow recommended sanitation and physical distancing practices while attending the market. Furthermore, we ask our guests to adhere to the following:
• Shop with purpose – Plan ahead with our NEW ONLINE EXHIBITOR MAP
• Only one (1) adult per household attend
• Consider shopping for friends and family (specifically seniors)
• Be prepared to queue outdoors to minimize indoor shopping traffic
• Limit time spent within the market (minimize socializing and browsing)
• Have cash / change available for exhibitors that do not offer e-payment options (note: on-site ATMs will not be available)
• Do not handle any vendor products but rather point to the intended purchase
• Sanitize hands before entering the market (station provided)
• Please stay home if you are not feeling well
• Be advised that for the safety of all participants, guests showing signs of illness will not be permitted into the Market.
The Market is open Saturday’s between 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. with priority access being offered to seniors, people with disabilities from 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.