By Jensen, Randy on May 22, 2020.
Due to positive developments in curbing the spread of COVID-19 and in accordance with recent updates concerning Alberta’s stage 1 relaunch, the Lethbridge and District Exhibition has announced that the Farmers’ Market at Exhibition Park will return on Saturday.
“As we continue to navigate and adjust to the new normal, we are excited to be able to serve our community, while supporting local producers and exhibitors through the 50th anniversary of the Farmers’ Market at Exhibition Park,” the Exhibition said on its website.
“We know that many people are concerned about food availability and accessing it in a safe manner. As such, we are making every effort to be adaptive and responsive during this time. As always, our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests, exhibitors and employees are safe. We continue to work closely with our local contacts at Alberta Health Services, the Alberta Farmers Market Association, Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Response and are committed to remaining up to date on any COVID 19 announcements from the Government of Alberta as they relate to any aspect of the delivery of the Farmers’ Market.”
For guests, the market will have a new look and feel while adhering to pandemic rules and regulations. The market will be opening in the North Pavilion and will also expand to the Main Pavilion, featuring separate entrance and exit points as well larger aisles and handwashing stations. All guests are asked to continue to follow recommended sanitation and physical distancing practices while attending the market, including the following:
– Shop with purpose – plan ahead with the new online Exhibitor Map;
– Only one adult per household attend;
– Consider shopping for friends and family (specifically seniors);
– Be prepared to queue outdoors to minimize indoor shopping traffic;
– Minimize socializing and browsing within the market;
– Have cash/change available for exhibitors that do not offer e-payment options (onsite ATMs will not be available);
– Do not handle any vendor products but rather point to the intended purchase;
– Sanitize hands before entering the market (station provided); and
– Please stay home if you are not feeling well. For the safety of all participants, guests showing signs of illness will not be permitted into the market.
The Market is open Saturdays between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. with priority access being offered to seniors, and people with disabilities from 9 to 9:30 a.m.
Additional information is available on the main event website at http://lethbridgefarmersmarket.ca.