By Canadian Press on February 16, 2026.

MONTREAL — A 13-year-old Ottawa girl who was seriously injured on a Quebec ski lift last week has died.
The girl’s family confirmed her death on Sunday in a statement released by the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario — CHEO — in Ottawa.
“Her sweet, bubbly spirit and love for those around her will live on through the lives she has touched and the lives she has saved through Trillium Gift of Life organ donation,” the family said, thanking their community for the support they’ve received in recent days and for care provided by the CHEO.
The girl was injured Feb. 11 during a school outing to Centre Vorlage, a ski hill located in Wakefield, Que., about 30 kilometres northwest of Ottawa.
Police have said her clothing got caught in the chairlift as it was raising her off the ground.
“We would like to extend our love to all of those affected by this terrible tragedy,” the family said. “We are also grateful for everyone who took heroic action to help save our precious child.”
The Centre Vorlage ski temporarily closed after the incident and said in a statement on Sunday it was “deeply saddened by this loss.”
“We extend our most sincere condolences to her family, loved ones, and the members of her school community as they mourn this devastating loss,” the resort said in a statement posted to its Facebook page.
The resort is beginning a gradual return to operations this week.
“Safety remains an absolute priority for our entire team, and the resort will continue its efforts to ensure a careful and respectful return to normal operations for everyone affected by this tragic accident,” the resort said.
The local police service and the body that oversees Quebec’s construction industry are investigating her death.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Feb. 16, 2026.
The Canadian Press
16