By Jensen, Randy on May 30, 2020.
As the Lethbridge Police Service continues to work through the Government of Alberta COVID Relaunch Strategy, operations have once again been reviewed and temporary changes to operational protocols have been extended to June 30.
At the end of June LPS will re-evaluate these measures in line with the progression of the provincial Relaunch Strategy.
At this time the following procedures and protocols are in effect:
– Public access to the LPS front counter remains closed. If you have business at the police station or require information, call general inquiries at 403-327-2210.
– Collision reporting is by appointment only. To report a collision where the combined damages exceed $2,000, call 403-330-5191. For injury collisions call 403-328-4444.
– Police Information Checks for all purposes, including employment, volunteer and school applications, etc., are available by appointment only. Call 403-327-2210.
– Frontline officers will continue to respond to all emergency and priority calls. Call 911 for emergencies and crimes in progress.
– All non-emergency calls where an officer is not immediately required to attend in person will be managed over the phone. Call 403-328-4444 to report non-emergencies.
– Online Reporting at http://www.lethbridgepolice.ca/online-reporting should be used to report the following offences: lost property; theft under $5,000; theft from a vehicle under $5,000; mischief/damage to property under $5,000; mischief/damage to vehicle under $5,000; and information only.
Police said in a release that the safety of the community remains paramount and there will be no impact emergency call response.
To protect the health and safety of LPS employees, members of the public who are ill or displaying any symptoms of illness are advised not to attend the station. If you are unwell and have an appointment, call to reschedule.