January 15th, 2021

Tipped candle leads to residential fire


By Herald on December 18, 2020.

Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services responded to a residential fire on Oxford Road West at approximately 1 a.m. on Friday.
Emergency crews arrived to light smoke flowing out of the structure’s front door and flames visible out of the rear kitchen window. An occupant of the residence had discovered a candle had tipped over in the kitchen. Emergency members from two stations responded and extinguished the fire.
There were no injuries and damage is estimated to be $80,000.
The fire has been investigated and determined to be accidental. Residents are reminded to never leave candles or open flame devices unattended.

Share this story:
<5
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments


0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x