June 24th, 2024

Bar fight costs accused $1,000


By Delon Shurtz - Lethbridge Herald on October 28, 2022.

LETHBRIDGE HERALDdshurtz@lethbridgeherald.com

A Lethbridge man has been ordered to stay away from a city restaurant and bar for the next 18 months.

That’s the amount of time Corby Costar-Tarcon, 27, will be on probation for causing problems at the westside business just before midnight on Feb. 12 of this year.

Police were dispatched to a report of a fight at the restaurant, when they arrived they saw two people matching the descriptions provided, walking west away from the business. One of the suspects, Costar-Tarcon, took off despite being ordered to stop, and was arrested after a brief chase.

Both men were heavily intoxicated and charged with assault and mischief.

The problems started after Costar-Tarcon and another man had become belligerent and were fighting inside the bar. They were told several times to leave, and when they refused they had to be forced outside. During the altercation Costar-Tarcon had also raised his hand as if to strike a female employee.

The employee told police that after the men had been removed from the business, people began gathering outside where three men were fighting and one man was attempting to stop them. The employee attempted to hold the front door closed as the men tried to re-enter the bar, but it was wrested from her grasp and flung open, causing it to break and hurting the employee’s hand.

Costar-Tarcon, who recently pleaded guilty in Lethbridge provincial court, was fined $500 for each charge, levied two victim fine surcharges of $150 each, and placed on probation for 18 months. During probation he is not to have any contact with the restaurant employee and not go to the business.

Follow @DShurtzHerald on Twitter

Share this story:

10
-9
1 Comment
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments