By Lethbridge Herald on April 16, 2020.
Lethbridge Sport Council announced the winners of the 10th annual Lethbridge Sport Council Achievement Awards this week for their achievements and contributions to sport in Lethbridge in 2019.
The Sport Council awards recognize and celebrate outstanding achievements on and off the field, which support and demonstrate respect of the game, a love of sport, respect for others and a commitment to fair play and ethical sport.
Among the winners were Bryce Gallup, junior male athlete; Angelina Ellis-Toddington, junior female athlete; Kaleb Muller, senior male athlete; and Sandra Latrace, senior female athlete.
“During this time of suspensions, postponements and cancellations of sport programs and events, we are witnessing unprecedented numbers of online active living and sport opportunities,” said Lethbridge Sport Council executive director, Susan Eymann.
“Lethbridge Sport Council has long been an advocate for the power and benefits of sport and we are so proud of the ingenuity and determination of our friends and colleagues that are working hard to ensure active living and sport has a place in our lives.”
Other 2019 Achievement Award winners are listed below:
• Amateur Team – Nanette Dupont Rink
• Special Olympics Athlete – Moriah Van’t Land
• Coaching Excellence – Pat Selk
• Volunteer in Sport – Staci Muller
• Dr. Gary Bowie Sport Event Excellence Award – 25th annual Chinook Open hosted by the Lethbridge Skating Club
• Sport Administrator – Todd Caughlin
• Sport Organization – Lethbridge Speed Skating Association
• Shaun Ward Sport Champion – Mary Dyck
• Servus Credit Union Outstanding Sport Citizen – Shelby Smith
• Knud Petersen Spirit in Sport – Lethbridge Steel Football Association
• Business and Sport Excellence – SLP Industries
Video of this year’s awards presentations and acceptance speeches can be viewed online on the Lethbridge Sport Council website: https://lethbridgesportcouncil.ca/achievement-awards