By Letter to the Editor on September 17, 2021.
The leaders of all the political parties are bombarding us with much negative information about Trudeau. That is a normal political behaviour at the time of elections .
According to them he has not done much for Canada during all the years he has been our PM.
Let us use our own analytical mind to determine what he has accomplished .
1. At the outset, Trudeau appointed a bright and talented cabinet, half of them women.
2. Lowest unemployment since1966 (before the pandemic hit us).
3.Lowest poverty levels ever.
4. Dealing head-on with the climate change .He signed the Paris agreement ,created a two-billion dollar trust to mitigate the effects of climate change.
5. Increased wages for the working class.
6. Best foreign policy that has improved Canada’s image throughout the world through proper statesmanship.
7. Third best country to live.
8. Number one for quality of life .
9. Number 2 out of 80 as the best nation in the world.
10 By far the most important accomplishment of Trudeau is the great pandemic response. In the last two years, he has been caught unawares and overwhelmed by the onset of a miserable pandemic that has devastated Canada and the world.
He has worked incessantly, with compassion in his heart and given financial help to laid off people to put food on their table for their families. This was not a simple feat considering there were millions who were on the brink of financial ruin.
The every day challenges of the pandemic have been immeasurable : Trudeau has done his best and done it well.
The economy is picking up now, more people are working; that is a sign of his success.
Trudeau might not have fulfilled all his promises but he has accomplished a lot by not letting a devastated populace sink. The last two years were a huge challenge and he came out a winner.